Thursday, February 12, 2015
FAVORITES: Not your ordinary bagel
Lately, I've been loving a type of bagel called pumpernickel bagel. It may look weird or somewhat unappetizing to you, but trust me, the taste is amazing. Well, at least for me it is. It's so hard to describe the taste. It is basically one of those foods that is either a hit or miss, which means you either like it entirely, or you hate it.
So I tried this bagel shop in Alameda called House of Bagels, they have a huge variety of bagels, and out of the large selection, of course I decided to try out the darkest, most unappealing one, and the one with the strangest name. Yep, that is me. And if you check me out on yelp, you can see how many times I've been here based on my check ins. The reason why I love this place so much is because they claim to have fresh and no added preservatives or oils in their food. This is what I call quality ingredients and food.
I usually either eat my bagel as a bagel sandwich, or I eat it plainly. But I'll warn you now, if you just eat it plainly, your jaw will plead for a break. Cause mine were exhausted.
Pumpernickel is a whole grain food which means it is way better for you than the white refined flours founded in white bread. And incorporating more whole grain in your diet means less risk of diseases and illnesses. Also, they have more fiber than white breads. So if they run out of pumpernickel bagels at this bagel shop, I recommend choosing some other whole grain bagels which include the rye bagel and the whole wheat bagel. Pumpernickel contains many vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body overall.
I just decided to share this short post with you guys to let you guys know the things I've been craving in my life. If I get a good response, I will start doing more of these. And of course, they will most likely be a bit on the healthy side because I love nourishing myself with the good and natural ingredients.
Done.
Labels:
bagel,
favorites,
pumpernickel
Location:
1362 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment