Monday, February 23, 2015

REVIEW: Crepevine is the place for big portions

Hungry? Do you want something with great "quality" and at the same time, a burst of deliciousness in your mouth? Try Crepevine! Ok, I just sounded like I was doing a commercial right there.

crepevine menu on chalk board
First of all, I love their menu. I love the chalk board feeling, which gives the whole restaurant a old fashioned feel while keeping up with a fancy look.  

Their menu included sandwiches, pastas, salads, crepes (sweet and savory), omelettes, egg benedicts, scrambled eggs, and other breakfast items. You can actually taste the fresheness and quality of their food. Most to all the food is very nutritious. That's why I love it here so much. 

bangkok salad at crepevine
bangkok salad

bangkok salad at crepevine

Bangkok Salad- This is the only salad I've tried at Crepevine, but I know for sure its going to be my favorite.  The sauces and spices go together so well.  The chicken is marinated with a curry flavor.  On the bottom are chopped up peanuts and they add a special crunch to the salad.  The semi-sour vinaigrette is  already mixed within the greens which is convenient for me because when I mix the dressing from the top of the salad to the rest of the dish, I tend to make a big mess.  I love their presentation also.  The plate is huge, and it is filled up with no space wasted.  And not to mention, their sourdough bun is delicious.  

palmero fettuccine with chicken
palermo fettuccine
palmero fettuccine with chicken


Palermo Fettuccine- This pasta was very creamy and cheesy.  Pasta isn't my favorite so I didn't find anything much special in this dish.  The chicken was ordinary.  The sauce was standard.

egg benedicts with smoked salmon and spinach
smoked salmon benedict

Smoked Salmon Egg Benedict- I'm a huge fan of salmon.  Any kind of salmon-raw, smoked, baked, fried, anything.  I'm also a huge fan of eggs with spinach.  That's why this dish is perfect.  The eggs were perfectly cooked- the yolk was drooling out.   Potatoes were served on the side, and they were nothing to rage about. 

provence


Scrambled Eggs with Salmon (provence)-  This was sort of similar to the Benedict above, but the salmon is cooked with the eggs and spinach.  Personally, I love goat cheese which was added on this dish. It gave the scrambled eggs a creamier taste since the salmon and eggs were a bit on the drier side.  It was delicious.  Potatoes and toast were served on the side.  

Those were some dishes I tried at Crepevine! I know I didn't get to try many of them, but that means I get to go to Crepevine more often.  That's a good thing.
crepevine menu on chalk board

I would say this restaurant is more on the pricy side.  However, their portion sizes and the quality of their food is incredible, so their prices is reasonable.  You've gotta give this place a try.  And one more thing-this place isn't actually like a fancy classy restaurant.  You have to order at the front, carry a number sign to your table of your choice and then they will bring your food over to you.  




If you have tried Crepevine (yay!), what is your favorite dish?


Also, shout out to my mom for taking some of these photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment